Tuesday, June 23, 2020

THE INSANITY REMAKE - ADDITIONS










How's it going fam? 
Whew, game is starting to take a little more form, but still a long way off from being a yummy splatter dish that people can't wait to get their teeth into. Still, seems to be running well so far. Everything is very low poly and most of the textures are only 256x256.Amazing how things look with careful unwrapping and normapping. That's about as optimized as I can get away with before it starts to look like a PS1 game.

This is a lot of work for one guy to handle, I've been busting my arse over it for months now. Thankfully I don't have kids nor a ton of responsibilities and can afford a few hours a week to manufacture this puppy. It is very much a hobbyist piece of work though, and there's no way in hell I'm going to be able to complete this entire game by myself in short duration and so - what I'm thinking of doing is releasing it in episodes. This will have the benefits of a) giving the fans something b) garnering interest in the project from sponsors and new fans alike and c) catching the eye of other potential devs that might want to jump on board and give me a hand getting this game out for a taste of the rev share. 

Of course around the same time I'll open up a Patreon and itch.io Name Your Price to try to secure some funding through purchaseable downloads, and if that does well it'll have a tremendous impact on the dev time of the game, essentially freeing me up from some of my day jobs-- which revolve around hourly contracts anyway. Every hour I can cover the salary I'd get through doing my day job online is and hour I can stay at home and devote to the game.

1 comment:

Janfon1 said...

Keep up your hard work - even if this project won't succeed, you'll still have the experience from making it that could potentially offer you a job in the gaming industry. Either way, I hope you're having fun! That's what's most important in a hobby.